Sunday, January 11, 2009

Game On!

New Year, New Game. My wife and I decided we were -once again- sick of NOT playing, so we're doing something about it.

The plan: One or two Sundays a month, our daughter goes to Grandma's for the day. Around Noon or so, our friends come over and we play Castles & Crusades.

It's simple! So simple. So simple, in fact, we never got around to it. Ever since we had a kid, I think we sort of deluded ourselves into thinking that our time was no longer our own.

That was stupid.

We're going to trade off GMing, too--the group we're assembling has 7 people in it, 5 of whom are experienced gamers and GMs. My best friends John "Party Gorilla" Buchanan and Kyle "Hamster" Mayes and I of course have been playing together since high school; my wife has been gaming since she was out of high school, which amounts to the same amount of time. Leaky Pete is no stranger to these shenanigans, so he's cool. The other two are relative noobs; Anjiko-Z has already played a bit of BESM (and that Traveller PBEM that I've discussed here before), while Allison "Yucky" Gross has, like, no clue, but she's game. Plus, she and my wife are getting to be "besties", as Yucky puts it. These twenty-somethings, they talk funny.

In other words: not only will I get a break from GMing once in a while, I'll get to play with great friends AND hot chicks.

I am excited. You should envy me.

Here, check out the invite I e-mailed to everyone: