Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Project: The Seven Cities

One time, my wife and I went to see Sinbad, Legend of the Seven Seas. We really enjoyed the sadly-underrated animated film from Dreamworks, and of course we immediately wanted to play a game like it.

Of course that was...when did it come out? 2003, so 4 years ago. We still haven't put the game together, but it's still on our minds.

Now.

Recently I picked up some of Deep7's 1PG games, including Broadsword, which I reviewed last podcast. Remember when I reviewed Broadsword last podcast...?

...

...yyyyeeeeeeeah. Anyway, over in this thread on Deep7's fora, a user called risk2099 said:

"I picked up Broadsword a few days ago, and picked up the 1PG Companion, Bloode Island, and Pax Gladius tonight.

I am looking at the 1PG System and thinking it may be the match I have been looking for to run adventures in the style of Ray Harryhausen's Clash of the Titans, Jason and the Argonauts, and the Sinbad movies.

Any advice on the how tos or anyone's experiences trying to do the same would be appreciated."

Which of course made me start thinkin', and rememberin', and then two plus two equaled five, but then I double-checked the math and --

-- well, my wife has a ton of notes for this game, notes we've never used.

Long story short: I'm gonna take my buddy Natebot's advice and Amber and I are going to write a game supplement.

Hopefully we can stick to it this time, because I'm lazy about this stuff and it's the reason I'm not brain-burningly rich. So I'll keep you posted.

Harryhausen-style Mediterranean-mash cyclops-and-sandal adventure craziness for broadsword sounds good to me (almost as good as The World Of Broadsword sounds), and hopefully I'm not alone.

I dunno, what do you think?