Monday, May 28, 2007

Finally, A Use for Booze

If I haven't mentioned it before, I am a teetotaller -- that is, someone who drinks no alcohol, does no drugs, etc. I'm not "Straight Edge", whatever that means, because I think it involves bad haircuts. I just don't drink alcohol, smoke, or use the goofballs.

So beer and wine are low on my list of priorities when I go to the grocery store, right underneath tampons and axle grease.

However, yesterday whilst swinging through Ye Olde Grocerye Store, I spied out a display of wine bottles which sported this logo right here:

In that magical moment, my friends, I was struck as though by a bolt from the heavens. A notion entered my head -- nay, a task, a crusade, a Thing Which Must Be Done.

So I got my copy of the D&D RC.
Pyrurse
Armor Class: 6
Hit Dice: 6* (L)
Move: 120' (40')
Attacks: 2 claws/1 bite or breath weapon
Damage: 1d6/1d6/1d8 or see below
Breath Line: 60' x 5'
No. Appearing: 1 (1d2)
Save As: F2
Morale: 8
Treasure Type: U
Intelligence: 2
Alignment: Neutral
XP Value: 500

Monster Type: Animal (Rare).
The pyrurse can be easily mistaken for a black bear, until it attacks its foes with its fire-breath (3 times/day, damage equal to current hit points). Being fiercely territorial,the pyrurse does not hesitate to attack at the first sign of perceived danger.
Its first attack is always with the breath weapon; on subsequent turns, and until its breath weapon is exhausted, roll a d6; on a 1-3, it attacks with the breath weapon, and on a 4-6, it chooses its physical attacks instead. Like a normal bear, it causes an additional 1d8 damage if both its claws hit -- it has grappled its opponent and dealt a crushing hug.
It lairs in woods and hills, near caves. It is usually solitary, but sometimes mated.

Hah! Who knew booze would come in handy?