Thursday, April 12, 2007

PROJECT: MURLYND - Day 7

Today's addition is another "found" item: The Knights of the Ring Argent.

Pretty easy to find since I wrote it up. Ha-ha!

Of course I want these guys in my game. They encapsulate what I love most about RPGs: the wild adventure of discovery, the raw energy of going out and getting an adventure. They're all about the excitement of adventure, wherever it may be.

Why Ring Argent? Why did they select a silver ring as their symbol? I dunno...I thought of it some years ago, on the spur of the moment, and didn't really intend to think it through any more than that. It sounds good, it's an easy image to conjure up ("...and she has a silver ring on her shield."), and that's probably enough. If I happen to think of something really good, I'll pencil it in, but I won't have thought of it because I tried. I'll have thought of it because it ocurred to me.

I'm tempted to write up a D6 Fantasy template for them, but...naaaah. I mean, I probably use will use D6 Fantasy as my rules set, but I don't wanna go marrying up to anything just yet.

Rings notwithstanding.